Learn the amazing process of taxidermy here at Moth Studios. This is a beginners class, where Sherene will teach you the process of skinning, cleaning and manikin making before putting your mole back together.
We will supply all specimens, tools, props & bases but please do bring along your own props if you would like to! Glass bell jars will be available inside the studio for £20 each, if you would like to keep your mole protected when its at home.
A special, unusual and challenging workshop right in the city centre. Something different to do with your weekend that’s for sure! Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we can no longer serve you tea’s & coffee’s during the day. More information about Health & Safety can be found below.
Moles are responsibly sourced
Workshop attendee’s must:
- Wear a mask to enter the building, inside the building and you must wear one during the workshop.
- Sanitize your hands from the dispenser located on the ground floor main entrance.
- Try to use the staircase to get to level 3 instead of the lifts (if possible).
- Please arrive on time. There will be someone at the front desk to tell you where to go to get to floor 3 if you’re unsure. If you’re late, we will assume you aren’t attending the workshop.
- We ask you to keep a sensible distance between anyone else who is not from your household.
- If you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 please DO NOT attend the session. Same applies if you have been tracked and traced as being exposed to someone who has Covid-19, living with anyone who is self-isolating or displaying symptoms known to be consistent with Covid-19.
- Moth Studios will provide latex gloves & sanitizing stations to keep hygiene levels to standard throughout the workshop day.
- We will be utilising all the tables we have available in our space so that you are able to sit at a 1 metre distance just to be as safe as possible.
- We ask you to not keep your mobile phone on the work table during the session. We will have space for you to store your bags and coats also.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer you our usual teas, coffees or drinks during workshops, so please bring your own water bottle for during the session to keep hydrated. If you have had a booking where there was alcohol served, we will have a little gift for you to take home instead.
- If you have a that’s 3hours+ we advise you to bring your own packed lunch to have on our break to minimise exposure in the busy city centre. We have a large seating space where we can have our lunch.
- I will greet you on Floor 3 to show you to the spaces.
- My number is 07958658009 if you need anything at all.
- If you could confirm your attendance to the workshops via email. Along with your phone number and postcode to aid with potential track and trace.
Refunds and Exchanges:
Our refund and exchange policy is set as we are a small business and we have all of our materials, tools and set- up prepared way in advance according to numbers.
-No refunds on classes
-Exchanges only allowed with 24 hours notice.
-In the event of an exchange, please have your choice of exchange ready to transfer, and we will arrange depending on available seats at the time of exchange request.
-Exchanges can also be used as shop credit.
-One exchange per customer per class.
10% Student discount. *Only applicable with a valid student ID card – Email us to get your unique code
*Please note that booking a class on our website, you will receive an e-ticket confirmation only (you don’t need to bring a physical ticket on the day of the class). If you are buying a workshop for someone else & require a personalised gift voucher to be posted out, or an e-voucher that you can print at home, please message us with another email, following your booking on the website.